Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
💕 Help • Tutorials - AMF Website Hacked 💕

Exclamation 
Better response on post AMF Website HackedHello, guys...

As some of you know, our server was attacked a few days ago and we had a lot of work to recover the posts and users. Our software was very old (~ 2013) and upgrading was practically impossible, as some files were corrupted in the attack and we decided to migrate to a more modern and secure platform, MyBB. GhostBtch decided not to continue with the forum anymore, due to the huge work in remaking the forum.
However, I decided to restart the entire site, aiming at security and better options. I ask everyone to register again and continue to follow us and make your posts. We still have the complete database of the site, but for security reasons, we prefer to start over from scratch. Even because our forum was a little out of control. Numerous posts with invalid links, illegal posts, etc. Subforums and rules will be the same.

Moderators, please get in touch to update your profiles and permissions. All (or most) of the forum posts can be viewed on the WayBack Machine. I will recreate all the forums, just like before, I will repost all my posts (and from GhostBtch) and in the next few days I will work on the design and details of the forum.

I'll remake entire board in next days, including rules, sections and permissions. It will take a little time, as I'm alone to do this. After a subforum is opened, feel free to post your content, as in old version. This platform accepts WYSWYG copy/paste, so if you want to copy content from another board and paste here, it will be more easy.

I apologize to everyone, but we prefer to migrate to a new platform and a new server, with more security. Our old software has been compromised, which could cause future problems for everyone. From now on, a weekly backup will be done in order to avoid problems like this. Please register again and reply to this topic if you have any questions.
Broken Download Link? Use Button Below, So I Can Reup ASAP 🢆
Reply Report Broken Link

Better response on post AMF Website HackedIf there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. I've been posting here for 5 years now & this is my favorite place to be.
Pass for my Zipfiles: 4theboard or 4theboard2019
Reply Report Broken Link

From the bottom of my heart, I hope the forum shines brighter than it already does. I can't give you anything in terms of support because I have no idea how to run a forum.

But if I can support anything else, feel free to let me know.
Reply Report Broken Link

Thanks for support, guys. All we need now is true poster and make board unique and organized again. I received some complaints that some users posts were reported by someone - ImgSpice, Ex-Load, etc - by hackers or copyright holders, probably so, I'll restrict some areas in future for guests and Newly Registered Users, as it was before.
Reply Report Broken Link

Damn, this is brutal, I thought something happened just to my account, so I just made a whole different one.

Oh well, nothing like a new beginning. And at least now with everything that gets posted, it will be fresh and all links will work.

I work 2 jobs, so can't give as much time to rebuilding the forum as I'd like to, but I will try to contribute where I can.

To Vigilante and whoever else works to get this place going again, I know it's gonna be some hard work, but it is truly appreciated.
Reply Report Broken Link

Hi

So I haven't posted much in the past, I will try to do so going forward. If you all need any help I will be happy to volunteer. I thought i did something wrong and was removed, thanks to everyone for helping to rebuild. Smile
Reply Report Broken Link

Sad to see this happen and thanks for rebuilding. looked at the wayback machine and although it saved the structure it doesnt seem to have saved posts, else I'm trying it incorrectly. In any case good to see you back.
Reply Report Broken Link

(05-28-2021, 02:15 PM)Vigilante Wrote: Hello, guys...

As some of you know, our server was attacked a few days ago and we had a lot of work to recover the posts and users. Our software was very old (~ 2013) and upgrading was practically impossible, as some files were corrupted in the attack and we decided to migrate to a more modern and secure platform, MyBB. GhostBtch decided not to continue with the forum anymore, due to the huge work in remaking the forum.
However, I decided to restart the entire site, aiming at security and better options. I ask everyone to register again and continue to follow us and make your posts. We still have the complete database of the site, but for security reasons, we prefer to start over from scratch. Even because our forum was a little out of control. Numerous posts with invalid links, illegal posts, etc. Subforums and rules will be the same.

Moderators, please get in touch to update your profiles and permissions. All (or most) of the forum posts can be viewed on the WayBack Machine. I will recreate all the forums, just like before, I will repost all my posts (and from GhostBtch) and in the next few days I will work on the design and details of the forum.

I'll remake entire board in next days, including rules, sections and permissions. It will take a little time, as I'm alone to do this. After a subforum is opened, feel free to post your content, as in old version. This platform accepts WYSWYG copy/paste, so if you want to copy content from another board and paste here, it will be more easy.

I apologize to everyone, but we prefer to migrate to a new platform and a new server, with more security. Our old software has been compromised, which could cause future problems for everyone. From now on, a weekly backup will be done in order to avoid problems like this. Please register again and reply to this topic if you have any questions.

Ok...now I understand.... apologies @me for previous post. New chapter....let's move on!
Reply Report Broken Link

Was any personal info like emails, passwords, and IP's compromised?

Thanks for rebuilding and sorry for all the lost hard work from all contributors.
Reply Report Broken Link

(05-28-2021, 11:18 PM)Matari Wrote: Was any personal info like emails, passwords, and IP's compromised?

Thanks for rebuilding and sorry for all the lost hard work from all contributors.

In fact, no. Database was not affected, only template files. But for security reasons, I prefer to start again and don't use old database.
Reply Report Broken Link