Welcome to AMF • All Models Forum. Click here to register

Big drop in members viewing forums

Forum Access • Support • Help

Re: Big drop in members viewing forums

Postby desert punk v3 » 26 Nov 2016, 02:47

the file host I use gets 1mbps + more download with out premium access no account needed too.
I stopped using turbobit too
apparently members dont like the free fast links I provided thas y my accounts were deleted.

desert punk v3

Advertisement

Postby pevets » 26 Nov 2016, 05:33

My few pennies worth ...

There seems to be a general drop on forums, I noticed this from post and view counts on other forums.
There are so many free hosts about of varying quality, and performance sometimes depends on geographical location as well.
There's a lot more uploaders and sharers around now than say 2 years ago, and newly released content from one site is shared almost immediately afterwards in other places.

My personal downloading habits or preferences-

- I don't have the patience or time to download massive collections of multiple .rars, especially if download speeds are limited to 50 k/bs or there are huge wait times on free hosts, so I just avoid downloading those. Sometimes you only require 1 or 2 sets from collection but they are part of a huge collection archive, which is a pain.
I would suggest splitting collections into smaller groups or even individual set links.

- Sometimes a collection has only a few preview pics, and does not show a preview for all sets in a collection. I'm picky when it comes to sets so would like to see a preview of each set in a collection. I am more inclined to download a set if I've seen a full body preview pic as opposed to a head and shoulders only preview. People have different tastes ... models build or figure - slim or fuller, outfit - bikini, lingerie, tight-fitting, footwear - heels, bare-footed .... you get the picture ... post the best preview you can.

- I like Buzzers approach, posting the gallery as well as links. I must admit ripping with IHG is my preference because it's faster than downloading from most hosts. The fastest free host I've come across is Dropjiffy, and that's only through Mirrorcreator, I've not seen independent links of that host posted anywhere.

Hope that helps

This user has no avatar!
pevets

Poster - Level 3

Postby decoyz » 26 Nov 2016, 15:16

If ur posting a lot in Other Agencies, one should expect to see a drop in downloads as that section was closed for those-with-less-than-20-30-post.....
Link down? Please use the Report Broken Link button.

decoyz

Poster - Level 3

Postby desert punk v3 » 26 Nov 2016, 15:20

Definitely The 20 post count is killing the board slowly but surely as far as I can see,this is what I can see so far with the current feed-back.

Once my current links go down I am not re-uploading because no one will see the links an wont have access to them so what's the point.

The site gotta do some thing about this or else it's all downhill with new members spamming 'thank ,great post' until they have access to the sub forums.
apparently members dont like the free fast links I provided thas y my accounts were deleted.

desert punk v3

Postby buzzer2 » 26 Nov 2016, 16:04

I've just deleted a bunch of comments in this thread from newbies who don't yet have the required permissions to comment or participate in discussions. Read the rules folks: rules/forum-permissions-for-new-users-t572.html

However, here are a few salient points from those comments that I'd like to address (again):

As a frequent visitor I feel that, at least for me, the reasons to come less often is due to AMS being locked away for people with 20 posts, something I will never have because even a valid and constructive post/reply like this will simply get deleted.

Replies may be valid and/or constructive but, if you don't yet have the permissions to post replies or comments, they will be deleted 'cos you don't have permission. ;)

Not to forget the people that only post about 25 sets just to make sure to get over the 20 post limit and are then ever seen or heard of ever again. I could've easily grabbed a few sets from other places and post them here, however I see no honor in that and only see it as spamming within the given rules.

A member who simply lurks and leeches after contributing 20 posts is fine. The whole point is that to gain access to all areas of the forum, and acquire the necessary permissions to comment & make requests, a member must first contribute. Those who don't wish to do so are free to lurk in the restricted areas to which they have access, but they may not post comments/replies/requests anywhere.

I prefer lurking so at my current rate I'll have the required number of posts in another 2 or 3 years.

Incorrect; if you only post comments without contributing any content, you won't reach the required number at all as they will be deleted every time.

The main reason I don't visit more is due to some of the area's being blocked until you have 20 post. I mean I would be glad to post something, but every thing I have is already on hear. So I literately don't know what to do to get the 20 post. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :unsure

The easiest way to contribute 20 valid posts of content is to post model sets as galleries. You surely have in your collection at least 20 model sets that have not yet been posted as galleries. If you do not, then you still have at least 3 options:

1) Look through the sub-forums to which you do have access for any model sets that have not yet been posted as galleries. When you find some - and you surely will - download them, then upload the images to an allowed imagehost and post them as galleries. Remember though: no girls under 13yo in the Galleries sections.

2) Leverage the Galleries Collections or Themed Galleries Collections sub-forums (one of each in NoNude and in Nude) to create your own collection topic, or contribute to some existing collection topics. No duplicate topics though, and no duplicate postings in existing topics. Those new sections open up a whole new world of possibilities because even if a set has already been posted as a single gallery, it can also be included in a collection topic.

3) This is not the only forum/site/blog on the net. ;) There is tons of appropriate content elsewhere that can be downloaded and posted here.

buzzer2

Postby pevets » 26 Nov 2016, 19:17

Also worth considering is that the forum is pretty much inaccessible from Android devices now due to the browser re-directs and pop-ups.

This user has no avatar!
pevets

Poster - Level 3

Postby buzzer2 » 26 Nov 2016, 19:23

pevets wrote:Also worth considering is that the forum is pretty much inaccessible from Android devices now due to the browser re-directs and pop-ups.

Yep, discovered that myself a couple of weeks ago. But AdBlock browser for Android solves that. Kills all popups dead... just like Raid. :D

buzzer2

Postby KonnoMate » 25 Dec 2016, 06:03

Not to forget the people that only post about 25 sets just to make sure to get over the 20 post limit and are then ever seen or heard of ever again. I could've easily grabbed a few sets from other places and post them here, however I see no honor in that and only see it as spamming within the given rules.

I admit I'm one of those people, not with malice though. It was already a struggle trying to find 20 'quality' posts to make, as in sets/models that had not been posted yet or requests that have not been filled. I'm sure others are the same. If they had something worth posting, I doubt they'd horde it. It doesn't help that I have no interest in jailbait/18+ models, limiting my pool of posts.

If I share something, I want it to be because I have a personal interest in it. It really irks me to download + upload models I have no interest in just for the sake of boosting my contribution rep. Quality over quantity folks.
Password:models-forum.org

KonnoMate

Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Help • Tutorials