Welcome to AMF • All Models Forum. Click here to register

Newest Version of FireFox - Imagehost Grabber Will Not Work

Forum Access • Support • Help

Re: Newest Version of FireFox - Imagehost Grabber Will Not W

Postby almandine » 03 May 2016, 17:03

Slimjimjohn wrote:Google Firefox Old Versions

Get a copy of Firefox 42 and install it.

Go to settings and turn off automatic updates, and click NEVER CHECK FOR UPDATES.

Reinstall IHG (or, it may just come back in all by itself)

I don't see a lot of differences in 45, and it's not much more secure than 42.

If you have to use an old version, use Firefox ESR 38. At least that is still supported.

almandine

Poster - Level 3

Advertisement

Postby Jackinthebox31415 » 06 May 2016, 21:55

Background info on Pale Moon from my perspective:
- Started out as plain x64 fork when mozilla stubbornly refused to cover that market for years. Wasn't even the first.
- As such, it started with max compatibility as a goal, and succeeded, quickly becoming more stable than FF - I guess the larger virtual address space and the extra code review were enough for that. Some hardcore optimizations seemed to have been difficult, so the javascript JIT'er was at times a bit slower.
- The author started rejecting some of mozilla's decisions some way back, dropping FF's then new Australis GUI from PM, or setting defaults (like SSL/TLS) more securely. This quickly led to him changing some internal GUID to make the two products distinct on the API level, leading to a major Add-on compatibility break. This is mostly over by now, the better addons adopting PM in their manifests, the rest being rightfully ignored by the PM community... And now PM being the natural haven for addos that are being broken by moz's breaking API overhauls.
- Don't underestimate the subtle security bonus. My memory fails for specifics, but there have been at least two serious holes in FF since v25 that never affected PM simply because its author was proactive in shutting down the enabling outdated cryptociphers or such-so. Or look for the Cookie setting to accept first-party ones but not third-party ones: Gone from FF, available in PM. Or...

Jackinthebox31415

Postby joash » 18 May 2016, 02:09

help?

ok so I never used image dl things but I just tried in ff and it did not fetch any image yet I would see the new context menu so I tried instaling moon and re installing imghost grbbr but still nothing and it just does the same and stays there with nothing where the list should be so is this about 1click.name? or what am I doing wrong

This user has no avatar!
joash

Advanced Member

Postby Scrunch » 18 May 2016, 21:44

joash wrote:help?

ok so I never used image dl things but I just tried in ff and it did not fetch any image yet I would see the new context menu so I tried instaling moon and re installing imghost grbbr but still nothing and it just does the same and stays there with nothing where the list should be so is this about 1click.name? or what am I doing wrong

It may be the host. IHG is not compatible with all hosts like imgoutlet and a couple others

Scrunch

Poster - Level 3

Postby buzzer2 » 19 May 2016, 00:03

joash wrote:help?

If you just installed ImageHostGrabber, or just updated Palemoon, you may just need to force-update the IHG hosts files. Right-click on any image anywhere and select "Hosts File Editor" from the IHG menu. Then click "Update from Online Host File" at the bottom-right of the dialog.

buzzer2

Postby joash » 19 May 2016, 01:11

thanks alot you guys for trying your best to help me like that .. the image host is simply imgchili , I tried the update but all I see is status running and nothing in the file list . it must be that my computer sux.. I think I am quitting.. but I will check back to see if you have any other ideas

This user has no avatar!
joash

Advanced Member

Postby joash » 19 May 2016, 01:15

This user has no avatar!
joash

Advanced Member

Postby buzzer2 » 19 May 2016, 01:27

joash wrote:the set is that one post49709.html?hilit=violette%20denim#p49709

That set worked just fine for me.

Be sure you've installed the latest version of Palemoon: https://www.palemoon.org/

And be sure you've installed the latest version of IHG addon in Palemoon: http://hot-honeys.com/grabber/index.php?topic=3457.0 (their new forum is part of that adult forum now).

If it still doesn't work, delete the addon and re-install. I had to do that once recently (and force update the hosts files) after an update to Palemoon.

buzzer2

Postby Maku44 » 19 May 2016, 13:33

Perfect v2.0 wrote:Install PaleMoon with IHG. Pale Moon looks and feels like FF...

Thanks. This whole image grabbing thing is new to me but I installed Pale Moon and gave it a try. Working great so far.

Maku44

Poster - Level 3

Postby desert punk v3 » 28 May 2016, 20:53

tried it not an not work.
apparently members dont like the free fast links I provided thas y my accounts were deleted.

desert punk v3

PreviousNext

Return to Help • Tutorials