Welcome to AMF • All Models Forum. Click here to register

Uploading videos.

Forum Access • Support • Help

Uploading videos.

Postby dreamer2000 » 17 Jun 2016, 15:06

I appreciate anyone helping me but I would rather someone with experience of uploading videos to help me.

How do I do it? Do I use a proxy when I upload? Which proxy? How do I add to a site that hides links? Which host should I use? Do I need to have a premium host account (I don't have one).

I have all steppe-flower to upload. Just looking for some help so I can share her with all of you.
It takes a while to upload. It takes seconds to give thanks.

dreamer2000

Special Member

Advertisement

Re: Uploading videos.

Postby buzzer2 » 17 Jun 2016, 15:53

Although you have not yet accumulated 20 content posts, this is a very fair question, and a short guide could certainly benefit many other members. :)

1) It is certainly advisable to use a proxy or VPN (virtual private network) when browsing around NN sites & sharing content. Your anti-virus provider very likely has a VPN service to which you can subscribe (I use Avast SecureLine). There are also dozens of VPN providers out there like HideMyAss.com (which I also use when I want to switch IP's frequently for whatever reason) or PrivateInternetAccess.com

2) To hide & protect your links when you post them, the easiest way is to use our built-in hid.i.ng tool by clicking the +Encode Download Link button at the bottom-left of the post editor here. Simply add your link(s) & click "Protect your links". You now have cloaked links that you post. There are also other services you can use instead like link-protector.com and more here: rules/allowed-file-hostings-image-hostings-and-redirectors-t4.html

3) You'll find a bunch of decent hosts listed on the same page I just linked to above. Many hosts do not require that you have an account. However, if you don't, files generally don't last very long unless they're popular (usually get deleted 30-45 days after last download). But you can easily use one of the multi-hosting sites listed on the page linked above; no account required. One caveat though: most free hosts have a filesize limit that can be as low as 200Mb (like Zippyshare.com). So, before uploading your videos, you should first archive them in appropriate filesizes, either as zips or rars using a tool like Winrar; win-rar.com/download.html With winrar, archiving in multiple parts is a snap.

Once uploaded & your link(s) cloaked as above, you'll also want to post a preview thumbnail of the video contents. The easiest way to do that is with one of these free thumbnail makers: suu-design.com/projects_vtm.html or thumbnailme.com After you've made your video thumbnail, upload that to an allowed imagehost on the page I linked to above, or use our built-in imagebam.com uploader tool by clicking the +Add Image To Post button at the bottom-left of the post editor. Then simply copy/paste the bbcode (code for forums) that is generated.

There you go; now you've got your video archived in however many parts are needed to fit your host's requirements, have uploaded it to a filehost, have cloaked the link(s), and have made a thumbnail preview & uploaded that to an imagehost. Paste all that stuff into the post editor & click the Preview button, add any formatting you want to make it all look purdy & click Submit. You're done. :)

buzzer2

Postby dreamer2000 » 17 Jun 2016, 16:04

Thanks buzzer. That was helpful. Can I suggest you take that reply and make it a sticky. Also maybe add uploading images too.
It takes a while to upload. It takes seconds to give thanks.

dreamer2000

Special Member

Postby buzzer2 » 17 Jun 2016, 16:13

Only the admin can make a post sticky; I'll ask him. But uploading images is covered above: ;)

After you've made your video thumbnail, upload that to an allowed imagehost on the page I linked to above, or use our built-in imagebam.com uploader tool by clicking the +Add Image To Post button at the bottom-left of the post editor. Then simply copy/paste the bbcode (code for forums) that is generated.

buzzer2

Return to Help • Tutorials